Necrosis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Ideas?

5 posters

Go down

Event Ideas? Empty Event Ideas?

Post  Deltor Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm

So far we've got some ideas, so I'll post them here along with the name of the member(s) who suggested them.

• Tournament (1v1 duels against all the members until 1 man, or woman, is left standing Very Happy) - Suggested by Kentago OR Soiyeruda suggested this one. I can't remmeber who, so please refresh my memory Very Happy
  • Lottery (No idea how this is gonna work yet... Any suggestions?) - Suggested by Kentago OR Soiyeruda suggested this one. I can't remmeber who, so please refresh my memory Very Happy
  • Defeat the Leaders Very Happy - Suggested by Deltor
  • Scavenger Hunt? (No idea how this will work yet... Any suggestions?) - Suggested by cherril

If you have more ideas, feel free to post below Smile

Deltor

Back to top Go down

Event Ideas? Empty Re: Event Ideas?

Post  Soiyeruda Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Just my take on a few of the ideas listed.

Lottery - Everyone who wants to enter will give either the Chairman, or Vice Chairman a fixed amount of gold. So if the amount for an entry was something like 10k, and someone pays 50k, then they will get 5 chances at winning. While doing this, the collecter will write down a list of who paid, and put them in order.

Example:

Member 1 pays 10k.
Member 2 pays 30k after Member 1.
Member 3 pays 20k after Member 2.

So on the list, we'd have this:

1. Member 1
2. Member 2
3. Member 2
4. Member 2
5. Member 3
6. Member 3

After the gold has been collected, run the number of entries through a random number generator, such as this http://www.random.org/

In the case of the previous example, the minimum number is 1, and the max number is 6. I rolled a 5, so Player 3 would win.

In addition, you could also distribute the gold like this:
First Place: 50% of the collected gold
Second Place: 25% of the collected gold
Third Place: 15% of the collected gold
10% of the collect gold will be used for guild purposes.

Obviously, this set up would require many guild members (or the ones that we do have paying quite high), for the prizes to be significant. We're also in the state where some members might not even be able to pay at all. :S

Scavenger Hunt - I'd say attack monsters for drops, but it would be a bit hard to keep track of, considering that we could end up with a diverse group of levels. If we gained drops at a normal rate despite having a massive level difference, then this would be simple. So maybe, we could make it like shop hunting?

Idea: Participants will go through booths looking for items (or attack a monster that has it, if it drops it :S). Just so it's easier on the participants pockets, they'll only need one of each required item. After finding the items, they'll return to the person who started the event, show them the item, and the first one to show the correct item is the winner.

This is my take on the two events. Sound ok?

Soiyeruda

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltor Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Rick, your lottery sounds awesome. As for scavenger hunt, I was thinking that randomly, we'd announce certain items that are needed. If players are online and they have them, then they'd be able to claim a prize for those items. These items will be sold to increase funds for guild.

Btw, hunting for items would take forever.

Deltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kentago Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Alright random ideas... off my head
Fishing competition = a set amount of time to catch the most amount of fishes.
Racing competition = whoever can reach the ends of the mines first wins xDDDD haha
Battle competition = survival of the fittest (favorite!) (prizes = rare sets of armor, rare weapons, etc)
Recruiting competition = whoever can recruit the most amount of people LOL =D (random idea lmao)
Kentago
Kentago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Polarys' Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:58 am

I really love the Lotto idea that will definitely be on the list of upcomming events.
Polarys'
Polarys'
Admin

http://necrosis.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kentago Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 am

When is the first event btw?
Kentago
Kentago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tempz Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am

Hey guys,

I came up with an idea of "Hide 'n' Seek" . This is where Polarys or maybe even more hides in an area and all guildmembers looking for her and/or others.

Since there are different maps, in this event the person that is hiding is to give out clues of where he/she might be. As an example, I am hiding near a house wer there is a lot of ugly boxes around.... *pointing at that area in tarintus where mimics are*

Obviously try not to give out the obvious clues.... But I still dont know how this is gonna work out because I havent travel'd the whole map of this game neway >.> ....

It will be more fun obviously if Polarys and/or others hides more than once.
That's all there I can say Smile

More members in this game would be more fun Very Happy

tempz

Back to top Go down

Post  tempz Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:39 am

Just to add on my note.

Problem about the Hide n Seek event would be, I myself does not have enough experience of the game and that may go for other members. Say as an example, If Polarys were to go somewhere were I have not been, I would obviously have no idea where she would be.

The positive note about that problem is that, hardly any maps are big enough for me to take ages of looking for her.

But yeah the clues just wont matter for me if this were to happen cause I would probably just travel the whole map that I haven't discovered or been to.

tempz

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltor Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 am

Yea, you're right tempz. So Hide and seek would normally take place on a map that all members are comfortable on.

Deltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down